Running is a part of me. I hear all of the time, HOW do you like running? My reply is, how don't you like running? Running is hard, I know. But the accomplishment you feel at the end of your workout makes it worth it.
The environment where you run is extremely important. Without a clear space for your mind, the distractions from your day will overwhelm you, and you won't have the best run that you can have. I'm not going to lie, running sometimes seems like a chore, until I realize that we are blessed to have legs! The picture above is my back yard, why wouldn't I want to run next to this gorgeous scenery!?
Tips on how to get out there and run:
1. Don't think about the effort, think about the results.
2. Get fitted for the proper shoes! (It's worth the time and the money).
3. Don't listen to music on your first long run. (Listen to your breathing)
4. Run with a group on long runs. (It makes the time go faster!)
5. Don't run for time, run for mileage. (Until you gain speed, don't rush it at the beginning!)
I hope these tips will help you get up and run! I want to try and make everyone I know get started, and get started strong! Leave me comments below if you have any questions. I will be doing a few blog posts about fitness for Freestyle clothing ( http://freestyleclothing.com/blogs/the-freestyle-blog ) So definitely check that out on May 21st, and May 28th!
Also, I made a new facebook page for you all to follow! It is a post that you all can post motivational tips and tricks for others, and to get my daily insight on working out!
Until next time <3